Tradelinked Cairns & PNG is leading a Cairns business delegation to Lae (PNG) 5-8 October. This delegation is supporting a visit to Lae by Ms Sim Hayward, Ambassador for the Sister City Program under the Cairns Regional Council. The delegation will be supported on the ground by Mr Paul Murphy, Australian Consul General in Lae. Dates are Thursday 5 October through to Sunday 8 October 2017 and have been chosen to coincide with the 2017 Morobe Show.
Since 1984, the cities of Lae and Cairns have been affiliated as Sister Cities. This affiliation contributes to strengthening the friendship between Papua New Guinea and Australia, and in particular our two regions. For more information about the Cairns-Lae sister city relationship, check out this article on the Aus-PNG Network. The intent of the delegation is to continue developing mutually beneficial business relationships between Cairns and PNG as well as introducing delegates to the potential of Lae as a future market opportunity. Delegation members will have the opportunity to participate in the Morobe Show on Saturday 7 October as part of the Australian Pavilion together with DFAT and Australian Aid agencies. Delegation members will have the opportunity to participate in the Morobe Show on Saturday 7 October as part of the Australian Pavilion together with DFAT and Australian Aid agencies.
The four day delegation will include:
- All flights, food, transport, security and 3 nights’ accommodation
- Cheduled meetings tailored to opportunities to suit your business in Lae
- Networking functions with existing and leading organisations and business associations in Lae
- Briefings on key economic and industry matters by in-Country Government representatives
- Lae site visits to key industry sectors
- Participation in the 2017 Morobe Show through exhibiting in the Australian Pavilion, which will also include exhibits from Australia’s Aid Program especially relevant to agribusiness, industry and Morobe.
All businesses are invited to attend this delegation; however specific opportunities have been identified in the following sectors:
- Mining/mining services
- Agribusiness industry development (ie: advisory services, animal health, nutrition & reproduction, cropping, disease management, fishing, beef cattle, food processing, horticulture and dairy)
- Tourism and Aviation; x Industrial and commercial manufacturing and distribution solutions / services
- Construction / refurbishment services, etc)
- Environmental solutions (ie: water & waste water, solar energy, etc)
- Business development / professional services (ie: community consultation; recruitment; training; compliance; accounting; legal; business planning; financial planning, etc).
The cost of the delegation is $2,970, GST inclusive. Travel/health insurance and visa costs are the responsibility of the participant.
For more information, please email Deb Maguire at firstname.lastname@example.org.